Friday, September 26, 2014

#augustabound #3008

Well this is the blog I posted at the beginning of April saying that I signed up for Augusta. Go read it.  It's cool to read now.  That was 6 full months ago.  And.  6 months later, the start line is rapidly approaching.  It feels like forever.  I have had many successes, failures, and even a foreign country trip in-between.  But none of it stopped my training for this beautiful day that is coming.

I was gonna have a great blog with lots to say: but my dad gets here in 5 minutes so here is my thoughts via pic.

I have baked all week.  Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  for 50 calories a cookie: I am on my 3rd batch....oops

Did a wetsuit swim with these wonderful ladies that I am immensely thankful for.  They bring great athlete spirits and encourage me to stay close to Jesus, but race my butt off! SCORE.

Got Zane looked at this week and do my Chinese homework with him.  Zane is the best first bike ever and I would never replace him.....yet.

My core group: 'the guys'.  Love them.  Love their athlete knowledge and how much they encourage me to always be my best.

So when I got back from Peru I gained 8 lbs.  plus the 3 lbs. I never lost from marathon training added up to: when I got back I couldn't wear my shorts!  EEP! So since July I have been watching it WITH training is no easy feat: but last week I got back to where I was in October during homecoming and am so pumped! I knew it because I could keep up with T-my weird goal I set before going to Augusta.  So.  12 lbs. DOES make a difference.  For.  All.  Records.

Well.....here we go. 
Pray for calm spirits, SAFETY, and overall to have fun for all the athletes!

Click here to track me: I am easy to find since I'm Anderson.  My number is 3008.  Feel free to text me, but know I am in a crazy weekend and want to enjoy every moment and not be involved in my phone.  So.. Thanks for the encouragement and texts and every moment YOU have spent helping me get here.  If you are reading this you obviously have impacted me in some way or form and I would not be here without it.  Seriously.  So.  From the bottom of my toes to the top of my head, I am thankful for the journey and can't wait to complete it Sunday.  I start 8:15 your time; 9:15 Augusta time.  AHHHHH! Don't forget.  My unofficial/official hashtag is #augustabound. 
Ok dad pulled up.....I'M OFF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment