Saturday, September 12, 2015

#whyitri #forgood

2 weeks.
Last long weekend is getting written in the books.  But. 

I have another mind-altering moment I need to share.  Why I am on this journey; why WE are on this journey.

Ya see...I have gotten to train with more people than I ever fathomed would happen.  So.  I have heard so many stories that my brain and heart are overwhelmed with happiness and in awe over the majesty of it all; why we tri.  And that's just it. 

Getting to learn people; live life; DO community: this is why I tri; getting to hear why my friends keep 'tring'.  I have gotten to cross journeys with so many people and we all have such different journeys and life experiences to share within each other; to continually change each other For Good.  My new 'song' is from the musical Wicked: For Good.  I couldn't help but share parts of the song that my heart resonates within for the whole triathlon community.
Because life isn't just a moment, but a series of them.
"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most, to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return...

 You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Because I knew you,
I have been changed For Good."
The city of Ottawa.  What a summer.
I thought this song would always relate to what I thought would be the happiest moment of my life: when I spent a summer in Canada.  That was single-handedly the best 2 months of my life, and every person I met there changed my life For Good.  So this song always made me slightly sad because I know I probably won't ever see them again, nor will ever experience that life moment again.  I thought I would never experience that level of happiness again.  But it's not just a moment; it's about the journey, and the endless series of moments.  I am getting to create new memories for this song. 
Because the best is truly yet to come, and I am realizing that every time my path crosses with a new human.

Cycling and running might make us all training partners, but the talking that happens in the midst of it makes us friends.
I have indeed been changed and am being changed For Good.

2 comments: