Sunday, August 23, 2015

The best is yet to come. 遊

I didn't think I would blog 5 weeks out because 5 weeks seems like an awkward number.
It's not really a month but feels like it.  It's ALMOST a month but not quite.  It's one hand though!

But.  Something happened this weekend and I need to tell the WORLD!
I have been contemplating my tattoo for quite some time now and keep going back and forth if I want the 'MDOT' on my body.  To some it's just a corporation.  To some it's a mark of success.  When I see one I personally think success/determination like no one's business and not a logo, but I am indeed a crazy 23 year old and where will IM be when I am 40?  I have no idea.

So.  I have been googling like crazy and came across the Chinese symbol for journey and it hit me.
THAT'S IT. #journeytobeIronMeg
Why would I get a logo of a company/process I don't really love?  I have said every single day I am never doing this again.  I don't want this to be my 'end all be all', and my glory days I talk about. 

But tri's are something I love.  It's an on-going journey that embodies so much. It's a journey that involves so many things I feel overwhelmed trying to adequately give 'credit' to everything that happened during it all, when all you really to know is it's a journey.  One that isn't over September 27th.  One that embodies countless people, successes, failures, highs, lows, and all the in-betweens. The IM journey might be over, but the journey after is just starting.

Because.  The best is yet to come.
 
So.  That is it.  I can't wait to get it.  It's perfect.  Right outside ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment