Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wake me up when September ends.

Well.  The month of September has finally arrived; race month.  I have anxiously awaited this time of life and each day makes me a little more anxious/nervous/happy/sad over it all. (PS- I have read this part aloud to myself multiple times and can't read it without tears from how crazy this is...)
I have one 'long weekend' left and then I GET TO TAPER.  Oh that beautiful, terrifying, 5 letter word.

Just know.  This whole month.  My heart rate is going to stay sky rocket because I have too many feels towards this.  I am a 23 year old girl chasing this dream I don't even know if I am mentally prepared for, but you and I, WE, have worked too hard to fail now. And all I have to offer- is tired.  I want to sleep all the time.  I want to cry scared tears more than you will ever know unless you are part of the select few that has been here.  Seeing the one month mark come and go is something that shakes you to your core and takes the breath away from you.  Getting to talk 'race day' is something that makes my heart skip a beat.

I have no cute pictures to break up my paragraphs because quite honestly I just don't feel like finding 'that perfect moment' to share.  I've ran/rode/swam and have too many people contributing to it and as race day draws near, my thankfulness increases because my desire to train decreases. #thestruggle

I have been contemplating my training comparing to everyone else's, and I realized one key thing.  I am going into this IM without 'one vital day' to look back on and say, 'oh I did THAT day, so I can do this race.'  No race day simulation.  No crazy ride then run.  Just consistent, long, hard days (ok Fridays are just swims and ROCK). But one after another.  And that is exactly why I know I am physically ready.  One day isn't more important, but they are ALL important.  Every set in the pool, every ride, every terrible/awesome run...it all matters.  Every panic moment that I talk myself out of scares me, yet invigorates me.  Every moment with every person is going to be whirling through my thoughts when it gets hard; that is my finish line. 

Short, sweet, to the point is this blog because I don't care to revise, or make it presentable. 
This is where I'm at. 
This is September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment