Saturday, September 28, 2013

Long runs...what the heck??

So something I honestly never understood until about a month ago, was long runs. I could NEVER fathom myself running 8 miles, and ENJOYING it. So-I say that because I GENUINELY understand the vast population that judges us because we enjoy running for a long time.

 However I am now that crazy kid none of my friends understand because I will go run a bunch, however this is the beautiful part. Because I ran a bunch, that means I am fully allowed to eat a bunch. It's a beautiful process.

 Let's talk a little more about how I started long running.

 I ran.
About to cross the finish line.  The thrill of the moment.

I ran .50...then .60....etc. to 1 mile, then I ran 1.25, then 2 miles soon there after, and then 3..I stayed at 3 for about a solid week before doing anymore. Then I got to 4, then 5, and 5 was the hardest wall of them all. I swear if you can run 6, you can run 13. EASY. I stayed at 5 for about a month. Then 8, then 10, and then 13.1. That's how it happened. No secrets.

And yes-at first I didn't like running 2 miles, it sucked. But I just kept doing it, and when I got to about 4 or so I started falling in love with it. Deeply. Because personally, after the first 3 I am just loving life, in a groove, and flying to the feel of my body. There are various walls and mental blocks you still feel, but it's much more of an exillerating feeling to break them over and over again, and then the farther you run, the easier it gets and more fun it becomes! I easily will get lost in Clinton because I get side tracked with running. It's the life.

Livin' the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment