Monday, October 7, 2013

I am a half-marathoner.

I had told myself I wasn't going to make this blog viral until I ran a 1/2 marathon. Because. I'm not actually a marathongirl until I at least did 1/2 of one. So. I did.

It all started when Karen screwed everything up and cancelled my 'official' first 1/2 marathon.
I decided that she wasn't going to screw up everything I'd trained for, so I opted to run my 'own' 1/2 in Gulfport!  So this is me at 530 am- AKA the 'before' pic.
this is me after 6.75 miles. over 1/2 way!
During the last 4 miles, Karen decided to 'show up', and throw DOWN some rain and winds.  So safe to say my pace was MEGA screwed up from that.  However the last mile it slowed to a sprinkle, and I realized if I sprinted the last mile, I would make my time; so I did.  Not my best decision post-race, however I got what I had striven for, and that is what matters.  My dad came at the end as I finished and surprised me :)
finished! Just under 2 10-which is what I wanted.
One of my many post-race day indulgences.  Judge me if you must.
I can't believe I got up and ran 13.1 miles for FUN.  And.. Enjoyed it.  This is my life.
Oh.  I am about to loose a toenail too.  Am I a 'serious' runner now? I think so.

I go to Kentucky next Wednesday for the Bourbon Chase.  Get ready for a training post about that.  I plan to run nothing but hills this next week to finish prep for that race.

2 comments:

  1. When I used to be a runner….like 6 years ago…I always liked to run in the rain for my races, but I never had to run in a TROPICAL storm. Silly girl! Ill be following you on here and grading your blog mentally ;-)

    ReplyDelete