Sunday, October 13, 2013

Race Week Fears-the race that started it all.

As I just ran my last run before going to Kentucky, there are too many emotions and feelings about this. This is the race that spurred my obsession with running. I'll never forget the moment where I was sitting at my kitchen counter, pondering if I could train to FIVE miles. The website tells you to train for a 1/2 marathon, and I specifically remember stating to my dad that I would never do that, but I would consider training to 7-and even THAT sounded horrible. I just got back from my 14 mile run, training for a marathon-and then an Ultra for my birthday. I wish I could say that I was only excited, but that would be a lie. I am incredibly terrified that I can't do it. I don't think that I have any pondering of what the hills will be like, but I know that I will finish. I will run the dang thing if I am dragging myself by the third leg. Determination y'all. So. Know if you see me the days leading up, I will be exhausted from working on all my school work, mixed with terror of traveling for this race, and excitement that it is finally culminating. If you want to follow me, and see where I specifically am, go here. It shows all the transition spots and where my specific van is- #765. I am running legs 11, 23, and 35. I don't have any recent crazy running stories. I think I got them all out of my system; I am NOT complaining over that one. Ice is my best friend. Amen. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment