Thursday, June 5, 2014

The life of a Peruvian runner

We'll. I am in Peru. So. Same as my other Blog that I cannot post pictures. So here in short is my athlete life.
We got here and after a 3 hour nap. My running sense was tingling. So. We all walked to the park and I knew the altitude was going to be awful. But I had NO IDEA just how awful it would be.
I saw these Americans running and I decided #yolo and turned and ran with them! So I ran almost a mile with them pretty fast and I nearly died. The couple was super cool and  from Oregon.

That was one week ago. A week ago I could barely make it a mile. I just ran 4.5 miles without stopping. Don't ask me how fast or pretty it was. But it happened. I'm much slower because of the altitude but I am a mile and a half higher than Mississippi. Add in hills. And. You got yourself a whole new running beast. Seriously.

I am honestly terrified that I'll get back and have lost my 830..8...730 miles. But. Then I look at the elevation and remember. But still. This marathongirl can have her fears. So. All I can do sis run and work out so,ex with my new trainer Danny. He's fab. Seriously. I miss group runs seriously. But I also enjoy the freedom to do whatever when I run around Arequipa.

Not exciting I know. But it's the life. It's exciting to run and see the volcanoes no matter where you are. It's also exciting to climb stairs like a beast. Then nearly throw up after haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment