Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Stories galore part 2: the weekend of perfection.

Well, after writing stories part one, and realizing I left out so many more, I give up on re-caps, and need to just blog more of my stories because they are that good. None the less-this blog is to my weekend of driving, riding, and cheering-via pic's, and short stories.  Thanks to Tri Our Adventure and their awesome blogs/posts, and this one in particular that inspired this specific layout blog.  Go check them out! It will make your day.  Trust me.

Anyways.  My weekend in short.

Meg: "Hey Lana! I wanna surprise Chris and Lez at their first big tri, oh and ride 62 miles...wanna go?!"
Lana: "Well ok! I'll watch my nephew's game Saturday!"
Me:  "I'm crashing your house. COOL!"
off we go-at least 12 hours in the car that weekend. Worth it with this kid. 
So...this was the route I rode Saturday.  In short.  THE most fun ride of my life.
My time, and a sandwich that got devoured in 5 minutes flat.
So. We crashed in Greenwood Saturday night at Robby's mom's house-again.  BEST host's ever.  Woke up at 4, and got to the race at 6:30. Find my tri big and Chris.  And see them off for their swim.  They mean the freaking world to me, and I figured crashing/surprising their first big tri could start to attempt to show my love for meeting them, training with them, and everything in-between.
Can't you see them?! 
Commence biking....and commence running (my obvious fav.)
the last few steps before the finish line mud bath!
What you don't know from the pics, is that I ran all around the course finding Lez, and screaming for her and everyone around that was racing.  It was AMAZING to just cheer for everyone. Seriously.  I know as a racer how important it is, and I now know as a cheerer, that it is JUST as fun to scream!
Proud tri little cheering on the bestest tri big ever.
Ate Wendy's with the two champs who raced/rocked an Olympic tri, and drove 6 hours back with this gem.  Ended with seeing the traditions tri course-as she sported the shirt.  Good times.  Good stories.

The next day.  I got right back to running, riding, and getting ready for my mini tri this weekend, that Lez and Chris will volunteer/see, and Lana and I will race! Switching roles!
I matched.  All. The. Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment