Tuesday, December 16, 2014

the in-between of #augustabound and now #enroutetomilwaukee

Well.  The last time I blogged was my race report for Augusta.  In case you missed it, scroll down a little!  (I might have read it and relived it and cried..oops) Anyways.  So.  Lots has been going on in my little circle of a world and I realized I needed to explain myself.

I left Augusta signed up for an IM and cried all the next day watching the videos of my friends I trained with cross the line that I so badly wanted.  But then.  Something happened.  I got an e-mail telling me I qualified for AG nationals.  What?
So.  This happened.  In a blink of an eye.
I qualified for AGE GROUP NATIONALS. Let me explain.  This is THE race where TEAM USA is formed.  Like.  The best age-groupers in America will be there, and the top spots will be hard core competed for to qualify for this select group of triathletes to compete for THE DANG USA.  

I want to be one of those individuals.  

I want to qualify for Worlds.  *throw up*  I am putting this goal out there for the world to see.  I have some work to do; I have some ground to cover.  But.  I fully believe that if I follow my new coach (Francois!) and the torture he puts me through, that I have a shot at that blissful moment.
So.  August 8th.  I'm coming for ya.  
I am postponing an IM for this epic journey of an opportunity.
And  I don't regret this one for a millisecond.


So.  That's that.  Lets back up though!!  I helped coach our NOBO (no boundaries=couch to 5k/10k but better!) group and these two people were kind-of my 'project' and I loved getting to help them cross their finish line in the times they trained for!

MY BRF currently in Disney, BRF at work, and I all ran a race together.  Getting to pace friends is something that is a beautiful experience!  Casey and I will be running the 1/2 in NOLA with intentions to major PR for her and I can't wait for that experience with her!

Speaking of pacing.  This girl and I have been on a mission.  She is going to run Blues as her first marathon and I get the privilege to embark on this journey with her.  Countless miles, many thrills, hills, tears, sweat, chats, silences, and our mascot Dumbo all along the way.

Now on the flip side, I have been doing some hard core runs with a few guys at work, and their 'tempo' is dang 7:30 min/mi.  Yes.  I am surviving.  Barely.  And am quite honestly so proud to get to run with them that I decided it deserved a spot on my blog.  Yep.  (specifically the guy to my left and in the blue shirt above me!).  These guys have been showing me how to keep a solid pace and I enjoy those runs; you can fathom my mouth doesn't open much for once! HAH!

In a non-running world.....I GOT A DANG TRI BIKE!!!!  She's absolutely beautiful and I wish I could tell you I loved her.  I wish I could say that I like her better than Zane.  But.  
Not yet.  
Zane went to a lovely home to a girl who needed Zane as much as I did 9 months ago so I'm thrilled she can use him.  But.  Tri bikes are hard to get used to.  So.  It's a process.  I like her SLOWLY a little more each time, and I now have moved from strong dislike to mutual feelings which is a big jump!  I can not wait to fall in love with her and I know it will be worth it.  This 'aero' stuff is difficult! 

Mel and I rode together for my first ride with her :) and it was rockin'! 

So.  That's that.  Nothing too exciting.  Starting my 'official' training plan for AGNATS this week and so far I'm alive, which is a win I claim.  I have fallen back in love with swimming, and am thrilled to see some progress, thrilled to be making new friends through pacing with FF, new-found training friends, all while still having my core group here in good ole' Clinton.

Life is good y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment