Thursday, April 23, 2015

Timeline of racing

Let's back up.
September 27, 2014.  I sign up for IMCHATT on September 27, 2015.  
September 28th, 2014 I complete my first triathlon season by doing Augusta 70.3- a 1/2 IM.

December 4th-I qualify for USAT nationals.  I drop my commitment (still signed up tho) for IMCHATT and decide to speed train and hope to get to worlds.

February 5, 2015  I complete 50 miles; little did I know altering up my speedy plans.  
NO REGRETS but it is what it is.

April 22, 2015.  I successfully run 2 miles, but NO MORE.  Yet.  

The reality speed won't be happening all season sets in.  Problem? I want to race.

July 25, 2015 my tri big Lez and I will relay Heart O' Dixie together.  I will swim and bike and she will run for me.  How sweet :) 

What does that lead me to? Slow distance......
IRON MAN???

So.  I committed back.

May 10th is 20 weeks away from that night.
September 27, 2015 I hope to wear that freaking medal.  Knowing 5 months before I couldn't run a 5K without hurting.

And I just thought an IM would be scary enough to embark on.
But. Guess it's time to do something that scares the ever-living breath out of my body; I question if I even have the ability to do this, if I have the time, if I want it as bad as I think.  The questions are endless, but I know one thing.  The time leading up to the race will pass one day or another, and I plan to spend it preparing for it.

This week of 'training' if there's one thing I continue to learn is how weak I really have gotten, and it has hit me that I desire to change that.  But.  I think it starts my IM journey off very humbled that this really is pretty insane.

So.  I will do stuff until graduation (dang you finals!) and then, the start line will be in my alarm every morning. The plan will be in my inbox thanks to F.  The miles will be done one way or another. And 140.6 will be the goal.
Little Debbie sponsors IMCHATT.  But.  Looks like she forgot to train this year..

No comments:

Post a Comment