Monday, April 13, 2015

The saga of a 23 year old feeling 100 years old.

Well.  Here we are.  Mid-April.
In February I envisioned my April to look vastly different.  I would love to tell you I am so thankful how it turned out; the cliche' 'even though it isn't what I planned, I am learning something'.

For the next person to cross my path and even mention 50 miles in a negative connotation.  I don't apologize for the look you will get.  Geez that was such a great weekend.  Regret is a monster I don't want to deal with, and is one that I am not combating.  It's useless.

But.  For all who want to tell me to 'find myself more' in this time of not running....

Wrong.

Maybe for you.  Maybe for your life story.

But mine goes a little different.  I tried.  I tried to make this a blog about 'what I am learning', but it all ends in shambles, so I have nothing.

I am empty-handed, and I just jump into the fact that is EXACTLY how I am supposed to be at this point.
It is what it is.

Triathlons were a way for me to 'work-out'; to stay in shape.  And the very thing that was good, I caused to be bad.

Makes me think of what we talked about in church Sunday; Adam and Eve.  God had great intentions for them, but because of screwy human nature, they fell.

We fall.  Hard.

I have tried and tried to get better while still swimming and biking, but alas that isn't working so now on to step two; complete rest. Bring it April.

So.  Here I sit.  Trying my very hardest to be the best cheerleader I can be for all my friends, being the best 'coach' at FF, all the while inwardly stirring.
So.  My time will come; for now it's your time friends.
Bring.  On.  The.  Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment