Sunday, August 16, 2015

impulsive buys are the best. Especially when it's a pet.

6 weeks.

The days are long, but the weeks are flying.

I can't believe I am actually gonna do this thing. 
I CAN believe I am actually gonna do this thing.

Why?

Because I have FULL confidence in my training.  Which.  At this point is something that my heart and body needs.  I would have never 'trained' myself the way F is doing it, and I know I will get to that start line fully ready for the 144.6 much better than I ever dreamed.  I feel like I am learning what pushing yourself to the limit really means, but also seeing the need and requirement for recovery and sleep.  And.  He puts up with my 23 year old shenanigan moves-which is enough!
So I hear..relying on ALLLL my IM friends who tell me this almost daily!
I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I blogged.  I have no really great 'inspiring' moments.  Just: train, work, eat, sleep, repeat. 
Yes there's been really great days, and really terrible days.  Days where I just jump to Instagram a pic. of a pool or the trace to exclaim my happiness.  Days where all I can do is text my dear tri friends to talk me out of myself, tell me I'm doing great, but graciously tell me to KEEP GOING AND SUCK IT UP!
But overall I feel like I'm living the full Ironman training experience.  Tears of happiness, to tears of fear, to tears of being so overwhelmed there are no words.

One thing that I can't even go one blog without at least throwing out is my thankfulness for my village.  It seems to continually be expanding.  So many people are gonna be 'crossing' that finish line with me and I can hardly wait!  One group of people that don't really realize the impact they have made on my training are the people I 'coach' Monday morning's at 5am.  Our tri 201 group at FF.  Joel, Arash, and I all co-coach with Karen whom is the head coach.  These 3 people keep it real with me, and know how to encourage me since they have done one of these things.  So.  I appreciate them and love the pic of us stretching on the pool deck hehe!
 Oh. 
Let's back up to my last recovery week.  My roommate and I made an impulse buy. 
His name is Kennedy Swift.  Michelle calls him Kennedy; I call him KS.  He is a guinea pig.  He is what is getting me through tough work days, naps at home, and all the in-betweens.  I intentionally play with him.  He enjoys to hide in crevasses, so naps are an A+ for us.  When I taper I fully plan to design a bag I can run with him in for some fun runs..because why not?
 
The athlete guide came out last week.  So of course I read it 3 times that day.  And my favorite rule is number one of the run course, "Athletes may run, walk, or CRAWL." HAHAH
Good to know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment