Sunday, September 20, 2015

race week wins: featuring another addition to my 'I can't make this stuff up' type ride.

7 days.

^^^^^I have loved starting out my last few blogs with the countdown because as it gets closer I blog more.  Because there are too many feels that accompany the process that I want to remember it all.  I can go from 'happy go lucky' to 'tears in the store' in less than 10 seconds.  I am so thrilled yet so terrified. 

Anyways.  I love all these realizations that keep happening and another one occurred.

I blog every time that I am thankful for my 'village'.  But. I realized.   I have a plethora of 'tribes' within my 'village.'  You know..from my work friends to my college friends..and DUH everyone who trains with me.  Oh and all the zillions of you random people who encourage me.  There's just too many people to mention my thankfulness for.  I just love the thought of all 'my' tribes within the village.  I think it's a beautiful picture to think of all these different 'people groups' all being together for one common interest: and that day that is rapidly approaching!

Taper is hitting pretty hard.  I am not wiped by the end of the day; I have more energy than I ever remembered having.  I always want to jump off a bridge, yet want to just sit for hours.  Awkward.  I should be productive on my off days of work but instead I lay on the couch watching New Girl with Fage yogurt trying to not eat the whole house (mostly succeeded--dang cheerios).  I also have so many social plans it's overwhelming to me in the best way possible.  Having my friends want to see me and wish me well before I go off is the best thing for my heart at this point.

I can't believe it's almost over.  But.  I can't get there yet.  First I gotta enjoy the crazy build up to the day.

Also.  For your 'I really can't make this stuff up' profile of me:

Fun story of my last 'long ride'.  My car broke down on my way to ride the RM course.  So my friend whom I rode with, Karen, had to come rescue me and PoMegranate (bike) to be able to ride.  So yes.  We left my car, June, on the side of the road all morning while we rode, and then came back to him to deal with.  Proceed to call AAA where I explained I left my car to go ride my bike and will be back in 20 minutes..proceed the lady on the phone questioning if I was really the driver, and if I really was telling the truth (because who doesn't wake up at the crack of dawn to ride their bike??).  So, 355353 phone tries later.  June is now at the car doctor awaiting to be looked at tomorrow thanks to Karen driving us around Clinton.  Never a dull day..

True triathletes right there.

This is race week.  Bring. It.  On.

No comments:

Post a Comment