Saturday, September 26, 2015

#mytribe

The weekend of all weekends.

Ironman race weekend is finally here.



Thursday:
Drove.  The end.
We ate dinner at this 24 hour diner with AWESOME cake that I can't wait to devour Monday morning.



Friday:
Food, check-in, food, chill, food...did I mention food? ;)


Ironman village is so cool.  Getting to say 'yeah I am the racer....yes it's my first one' is the coolest experience EVA!



It feels surreal that it's here.  It feels like yesterday I was ready to throw up at Augusta over the thought of this weekend.  I honestly feel like a celebrity.  All the posts, messages, texts; it is truly overwhelming in the best way possible.  Knowing so many of you guys are following me, cheering for me, praying to the One who makes all of this happen; makes my excitement for Sunday unexplainable.  I have been dreaming of this day for a year now, and tomorrow it reaches the pinnalce for the entire day.  WOWZERS.


Getting to see Steph and Geno (other 2 Jacksonians doing IMCHATT) was so beneficial for my heart because we need each other.  We may not have started our journeys together, but we will most certainly fnish it!


So.  Tomorrow I will go on the journey of a lifetime.  Feel free to follow me on the Ironman Live Tracker. 


I am so thankful to have my dad, Dawn, Becca, and Renee' here with me to experience it all with me.  I couldn't have a better team to be on my side.  And then there is a team of about a ZILLION of you just as much on my side; you all who trained with me.  I will never be able to put into words my thankfulness for helping this crazy 23 year old accomplish something I never thought possible.


Also.  Side note.  Two years ago this is what was monumental in my life. My first 1/2.  It's short.  Go take a read.  Two years later.  An Ironman.  Well dang.  So.  Cool.


Next time you hear from me:  PoMegranate and I will be an Ironman together.

No comments:

Post a Comment