Monday, May 19, 2014

Stories galore (part 1)

Well.  I have had a crazy few weeks-with moving out of the dorm for the last time, training like a mad-woman during finals (ended with a 3.0! SUCKA!), and living a 2 week like of wake, train, eat, work, eat, train, eat, sleep, repeat.  Seriously.  I have seen only athletes the past week and although I am MADLY in love with it-it's just crazy!
packing...spilling salsa..eating a whole cheese cake with your hands. living SUCH a great training life....oops.
So..without further ado.  I have a few stories that are blog worthy over the past weeks.

1) I went to do a brick on the trace (bike then run after), and so I was running GREAT.  Then I realized I had to pee.  And I was NOT going to make it back. *thankfully I ONLY had to pee THIS TIME* So I dubbed myself a part of the trace (it's been more than once now...), and squatted and it was probably the most adrenaline seeking pee I have had in my 22 years of living.

2) So I got clips for my bike as I said I would in my last blog post.  I have fallen 3 1/2 times so far.

1 and 2-the first time I rode with them, we were riding and I was ROCKIN' it.  I clipped out, clipped in, stopped.......we were stopped. I had a foot still clipped in, and apparently wasn't leaning enough to the other side, and slowwwwwwwwly toppled over and the concrete visited my face.  So I got up..we all laughed,.
SERIOUSLY.
30 seconds later.
..............
The SAME story.
IT happens.  They still are awesome-after trial and error.
Sunday group ride--I felt so cool in my clips!
3- I was riding around Gulfport, and had my phone in my bento box because I was expecting a call.  So.  The guy calls.  I answer (yes...still clipped and riding) and as I am talking, try to stop.
Ground.  Meet face.
My phone flies across the road, I am in the road, I am screaming to the guy "ONE SECOND!!!" and he is a triathlete so Lord only KNOWS what he is thinking.
I get my feet off the stupid bike, grab my phone, and sit on the side of the road, and continue my convo.
I looked like an idiot-but I was thankful there was not a car right there when I fell or else you would have a flattened Meg.

The 1/2- So I did a metric century (62 miles!) Saturday (that is part of part 2..), and as we were coming in to Ridgeland trails, I thought I went the wrong way, so I turned around, and didn't unclip as I was approaching a road, and went to fall BUTTTTTT because I was at the end of an entrance-there were little pole things on each side, and I just stuck my hand out and caught myself! SCORE!
I have never been so thankful for a pair of shoes! Seriously.
This is the end of part 1, because my weekend was so crazy it deserves its' own blog.
*coming soon to a site near you*

No comments:

Post a Comment