Sunday, January 18, 2015

Make

Well. I have some 'making up' to do. Literally.
This last week's topic was 'make' and just playing with that word.
What does it mean to you? Make a cake; make someone's day; make a card.
The list could go on. So. What does it mean to me?
I didn't really know what 'blog' to put this under. So, apologies. 
I had no cool ideas so thus why the post is a little late. But. I got it!! 
This past Friday it was a particularly slow one when I first got to work, so I was looking at my phone before starting the day and saw a friend's post. *back story: him and two others are training for a 100 mile race* and so they were going to run a 50K starting at 9pm to get used to running tired. So. My crazy college kid self said, "really? I've never done a 50K so why not do it on a whim at 9pm with some new friends!"  So. Off we go and 6 hours later I ran 31 miles. (It was the coolest most profound experience running for 6 hours btw!) 
What does this have to do with make? 
Well. That Saturday I had to work all day and then went to a dinner party. We all thought I finally met my match of craziness and would crash somewhere mid-day. 
Nope. 
I think I MADE the day at work, and MADE my otherwise boring weekend simply AWESOME! It was so busy at work Saturday; actually the busiest day I've ever seen. And. I am so thankful to Jesus only to have given our bodies limitless adrenaline so I could not only barely function, but on high-function mode. We had a hard day at work but it was an absolute blast! If I had not run 31 miles, I would have been normal and complaining. But. NO. My crazy, impulsive, self helped make our day hilarious and kept the day light despite the busy door opening and closing all day. 
So. Make was the weekend. Making memories. Making smiles happen. Making food dissappear. 
Sorry about the lack of pictures but I am doing this as I spin out my legs on the trainer. 
Joyous day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment